Different statements and quotations mean different things to different people. Some reach a mark that is very unique to each individual. And the quotes and statements that we find uniquely special to us says a lot about who we are as a person. This week we decided to go through our list of quotes that we love and compile them. This actually ended up being a daunting task. Picking our favorites and putting them in order was hard! (We probably could have gone to fifty and beyond.) But what you have before you now is twenty of our favorite quotes. We would love if you shared yours in return!
Cherith's Top Ten
10) “I must be a mermaid, Rango. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living.”
― Anaïs Nin
9) “I’m a big fan of people being exactly who they are.”
-We Bought Zoo
8) "There's power in looking silly and not caring that you do."
7) "We sin because we are looking to something else to give us what only Jesus can give us."
6) "Don't ever mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance, or my kindness for weakness."
5) "You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
-C. S. Lewis
4) "As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself, the other for helping others." -Audrey Hepburn
3) “Here’s to strong women. May we know them, may we be them, may we raise them.”
2)“You can tell how smart people are by what they laugh at.”
1)"I loved you at your darkest."
-God (Romans 5:8)
Corinna's Top Ten
10) "I have loved the stars too fondly to be afraid of the dark."
9) "I can accept failure. But I can't accept not trying."
8) "Speak the truth even if your voice shakes."
7) "If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world."
6) "There isn't anyone you couldn't love once you've heard their story."
-Mary Lou Kownacki
5) "Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, 'I will try again tomorrow.'"
-Mary Anne Redmacher
4) "Only a fool mistakes kindness for weakness. There is the heart of a lion within the spirit of a lamb. Grace is selfless strength."
3) "Courage, dear heart."
2) "Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
1) "Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions."
We would love to hear from you! What are a couple of your favorite quotes? And if you know who actually said the ones on our list that are marked as "unknown"s, let us know! We'd love to give credit where credit's due. Your turn! Go!
Photo Credit: g-codemagazine.com